Pros With Sandwiches [bLt]

Hi welcome to the Pros With Sandwiches applicant forums. Please follow the steps to apply. -epiphany

Downloading Ventrilo for the first time

Siorai

Downloading Ventrilo for the first time

Post  Siorai on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:00 am

Ventrilo is an easy program to download and use. If you have not downloaded it yet, go here: http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php

You will want to d/l the client program appropriate for you.

1. After it’s downloaded, you should have a shortcut on your desktop. Double click it.

2. Click the arrow next to “User Name” and choose “New”.

3. Type your name or whatever you want to be known as, then “OK”. Skip the other options and choose “OK” again.

4. Click the arrow next to Server and choose “New”. A window called "Setup new server" will pop up; you will need to choose a name. It can be anything; click OK when you're happy with the name. It may be a good idea to name it for your guild or alliance, because if you have more than one saved it will help you tell them apart.

5. Hostname or IP will be what is in your guild announcement (for example, v06.darkstarllc.com or typefrag.com). You will also need to input the port number and password, also found in your guild announcement. Leave the rest blank and click "OK".

Now you should be all set up and ready to connect!

When you've connected, click the "Setup" tab on the right of the Ventrilo window. Most people use Push To Talk (ptt), so make sure that tab is selected with the green arrow. Also make sure that "Enable outgoing voice communications" and "Use Direct Input to detect Hotkey" are both selected with the green arrow. You will see a window for "Hotkey"; this is the button you will push when you want to talk. This depends on your preferences and how you use your keyboard and mouse. You will probably just need to play around with it for a while and see which button is easiest for you to use. To select which key to use, click anywhere in the white space in the window. It will now say, Mouse: Button 1 - now just click the key you want to use.

You should be good to go now. By the way, this Setup window is where you will come if you find that you need to turn up the volume or make other adjustments. When you're done, click "OK" at the bottom.

Find a channel that other people are in and start talking! To enter a channel, just double click its title. (I.e., Guild Wars, AB 1, etc.)

If you're playing Guild Wars, feel free to contact me in game (Siorai Banrion) if you have questions or trouble. I will do my best to help you if I'm free.
    Very Happy

Admin
    Admin

Re: Downloading Ventrilo for the first time

Post  Admin on Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:26 pm

good post diane ;D

Current date/time is Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:45 pm